I will admit that I waited and waited for the 21 Day Fix to come out because I just KNEW this would end up being my program. I am great at getting my workouts done but not so great at being disciplined in the kitchen. Meal planning is really something I have to work on and so is portion control.
Before I started the program, I did experiment with the containers to see how much they would hold because I had fears that the portions would be really small but they were anything but that. I was shocked to see how many veggies fit into the green container and even more shocked at the size of the fruit container. I found that a salad made of 2 green, 1 red, and 1 yellow was HUGE…so huge that it was hard to finish.
The first week, as I was getting used to things, I did not venture out very much. I put only 1 veggie in green container at a time and didn’t do anything fancy. But on week 2, I needed some recipes to help put the containers together. Here are a few of the 21 Day Fix recipes that I used.
21 Day Fix Recipes: Breakfast Ideas
1. Scrambled Eggs, Grapes, and Toast
2. I used a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee every morning instead of using milk. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil in hot coffee then use a stick blender for a few seconds and it comes out very creamy and frothy.
3. One of my favorite breakfasts on the 21 Day Fix was banana oatmeal. Prepare 1 yellow container of oatmeal with water according to the directions on the package, mix in 1 teaspoon of almond butter, 1/2 a banana, and cinnamon!
4. Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato. Baked sweet potato sprinkled with Mrs. Dash. This was great when I needed a really filling breakfast.
21 Day Fix Recipes: Lunch/Dinner Ideas
1. By far, one of my favorites was Garlic Chicken Broccoli Pasta. I used frozen broccoli (in the steamer bag), prepared whole wheat spaghetti according to the box, and marinated chicken in lemon juice, Mrs. Dash, and crushed garlic. I sautéed the chicken in a skillet using coconut oil then threw all the ingredients together once the chicken was cooked and tossed.
2. For lunch, I often had baked chicken breast sliced and put in pita bread, with lettuce. With the rest of my green container, I made a tossed salad with lemon juice and red wine vinegar as the salad dressing.
3. Brown rice mixed with chopped asparagus spears and cooked lean ground beef. Mix and drizzle with olive oil and season with Mrs. Dash.
4. If you have listened to my tips and tricks to being successful with the 21 Day Fix then you know that I am big on crockpot pulled chicken. I put about a pound of chicken breast in the crockpot with no sodium chicken stock and Mrs. Dash and let it cook for about 4-hours. Then pull the chicken with a fork. You can use it over salads like I did below, use it in tacos, and use it in main courses. The chicken is very moist and not dry. Below is pulled chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
21 Day Fix Recipes: Snack Ideas
1. One of my favorite snacks was whole grain toast with 1 teaspoon of almond butter and 1/2 a banana. Felt like a treat to me for some reason! 🙂
2. I did not like to use the Zings in the back of the book primarily because I knew I could not stop at one Zing. But I did come up with my own version of a cookie using all approved ingredients. Mix 1/2 a banana with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and 1/2 a yellow container of dry oatmeal. Add a cinnamon to taste. Bake for 10 minutes (or until done) at 350 degrees.
3. I was always REALLY hungry in the late afternoon for some reason. So I would usually have a snack that included hummus because it does a good just at filling me up. I would take a pita and break it up for dipping in hummus or I would have either carrots and hummus or green peppers and hummus.
Did you buy the 21 Day Fix off the Beachbody website and would like FREE online coaching support? Sign up with me as your free coach here and then send me a quick message at KathyHFitness@gmail.com to let me know that you would like extra support with the 21 Day Fix. I would love to support you in your 21 Day Fix journey!
Still need your own copy of the 21 Day Fix? Purchase below and although Beachbody will notify me of your purchase, please reach out to me at KathyHFitness@gmail.com to get started with your FREE online support for the 21 Day Fix. And remember that there is a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee so if you are not satisfied with your results after 21 Days you can still return the product (less shipping and handling) with no questions asked! It’s a win, win situation!